GHC-SCW enforces a policy regarding Community Giving and submitted donation requests are scrutinized in accordance with our policy. In order for GHC-SCW to accept your request for a donation, the following requirements must be met:
- All organizations must submit a request through the online form found on this website in order to be eligible for a donation. (All other correspondance through standard mail, phone calls, or in-person will be directed to this online form).
- Please do no call or submit additional letters for requests.
- It is our policy to reply to all donation requests through e-mail notification (or in writing). If your request is approved or denied, our policy states you will receive notification within 30 days upon receipt of your request.
- All decisions for donation requests are final.
- In evaluating requests for donations, GHC-SCW will consider:
- Organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations or causes must be aligned to GHC-SCW vision, missions, and values, which provide for the health and wellness of the Dane County community.
- The degree of benefit to the Dane County community, GHC-SCW, and its members.
- Humanitarian value and service to the community.
- Project or event must provide a benefit to a significant portion of the GHC-SCW membership or the communities served.
- Request from GHC-SCW members and business partners may be given priority over requests by non-profit organizations.
- Certain organizations may be "grandfathered". These organizations may no longer fit within our criteria, but GHC-SCW has given past support and has determined them to be of continued value to GHC-SCW and the community.
GHC-SCW DOES NOT donate to the following:
- For-profit organizations
- Political or partisan organizations
- Religious, anti-religious, labor or fraternal groups or organizations
- Personal endeavors (e.g. pageants, sports programs, etc.)
- Organizations for causes that benefit those outside our field of membership or a very limited group inside our field of membership
- Sports teams and leagues (except upon Senior Leader discretion)
- Advertising in programs, bulletins, yearbooks, brochures, etc.
- Testimonials, awards, or volunteer recognition events
- Extracurricular school activities
- Activities that support GHC-SCW competition
- Any activity deemed to give GHC-SCW a negative image